Saturday 13 June 2015

Up in the clouds ... Nursery decoration

As we decided not to find out if we were having a boy or girl, we needed a nursery theme that could be for either gender. 
There's a huge monochrome baby trend and as much as I love black and white (the entire downstairs of our house is monochrome mad) I wanted something a little bit more traditional and cute. 
So I went with clouds. 
I do love bold wallpapers, especially on all walls, for this reason the cloud wallpaper was perfect. 
The room is pretty small but I think as its a light blue and everything else is a white shade we have avoided the room becoming too overpowering or dark. 

The light shade reflects the theme, looking like a feathery cloud. (B&Q)

I designed shelves with clouds and the back and front, my dad made these out of wood and I have painted in "old white" chalk paint. 

The name tile bunting was a gift which perfectly matches the the sky theme and hangs from the cloud. 

A gorgeous kite mobile a baby shower gift, lends itself to the theme well and hangs above the changing table. 

The cloud mobile I made myself; I have seen many of these gorgeous felt mobiles on etsy/Pinterest however they are expensive and I felt they looked easy enough to do myself. It's blanket stitched felt pieces, hung off a wooden dowel cross. Overall cost less than £15! 



Name lights... These were purchased from our local garden centre, pricey at £10 a letter! But I just love them! 

 As you will know/can imagine when you have a baby you get cards and cards and cards!! What do you do with them when you take them down?  Our personalised card frame was an idea from my bf. We put a mix of our favourite pieces in a frame we had knocking around, I just gave it a quick revamp with chalk paint to match the other wood in the room. I have since seen some great deco patch type ideas, cutting out some small pieces of each and layering in a frame. So nice to be able to display them in some way rather than throw them away or have them in a box somewhere never to be looked at. 

As he still sleeps in our room, I'm still treating it as a work in progress... further ideas welcome... :) 
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment