Friday 27 February 2015

A Beautiful Baby Shower

As a nervous pregnant lady, (scared anything I did might jinx me), I decided to have my baby shower quite late at 36weeks + 5 days, and I would of had it the week later had it not been Valentines day. 
So as it happens this turned out to be 1 week before I gave birth! 

Plans for my shower were to be quite simple, although some games can be fun (we did baby predictions and a nursery rhyme quiz), I'm not the biggest fan of the whole smell whats in the nappy etc. each to their own on this though!
Instead I opted for afternoon tea at a local pub/restaurant; with some of my closest friends and family.

Theme of the baby shower, had to remain neutral as we didn't know if we were having a boy or girl. I therefore went for pastel colours, pinks, blues, greens, lilacs. I also found an image I liked on pinterest and used it on a guest book style image, thank you for coming gift bag tags and prediction cards.
Apart from the venue and afternoon tea, we did everything else homemade. If you enjoy being a little bit creative, it really is fun to pull together. 

Guest Book 
I have seen  this idea a number of times on Pinterest in different forms. I found an image I liked and drew it out on a large piece of paper (if you are more creative than me you could design your own, or print one out). I then cut out balloons in pastel coloured paper to be signed by guests, they could add these on to the image to create a picture which I will be framing for the nursery wall.

Prediction Cards
Simple but effectively cute. I printed out the questions over my chosen image and added to pastel card with a small bow, to be filled in by guests. 
Thank yous 
Small token for my guests, similar to the prediction cards cut into tag shapes tied around little bags of sweets. ( I chose dolly mixtures, marshmallows and mini eggs to go with my pastel theme).

Nursery Rhyme Quiz
A quick game found on pinterest. Fun and easy to do :) 

Balloons
These were a surprise from my sister ... I think its amazing! Its still up now over 2 weeks later. We got ours from Magic Balloons.

Cake Pops
Blue and Pink cake inside (to get the cake colour to be vibrant we used colour gel not liquid). My mum has a cake pop maker which we made these in.

Marshmallow Bottles 
Created with marshmallows dipped in chocolate, the tops are made from gummy dummys.

The Cake!
Made by my mum. We looked at cakes she'd made previously, my fav source of inspiration - pinterest and my chosen imagery to design the cake. Chocolate cake inside with chocolate buttercream, my personal fav.

Despite my apprehension to a baby shower, I really did have a wonderful day. It was fun to pull the bits and bobs together and it really is amazing to get together with friends and family to talk all things baby and celebrate. 

Did you have a baby shower? How did you do yours?

xxx 


No comments:

Post a Comment